Saturday, January 28, 2012

Trying Entrelac

After seeing some really cool things done in Tunisian Entrelac, I've decided to take the plunge.  After looking at 3 videos, and reading 6 different pages of instructions on how to, I *think* I might have it down pat and give it a try on my own.

I followed along with videos, and did 2 rows of blocks... so I think I have the hang of it.  I'll see how it goes trying it on my own without the video.  Wish me luck LOL!   When I get a big enough piece going, I will post a picture.

I also can't find anywhere that tells how to "fill in" the edges of a finished piece so that they're all even (not V looking from the blocks).  Does that make sense?  I need to put little triangles in along the edges on all sides...  anyone have a link to share with me about how to do that?  Or is anyone up to the task of actually writing it out for me? LOL

It also seems like there's a lot of finish off with this yarn and change to the next color... lots of cut off ends to deal with.  What's the best way to weave them in or hide them?

Also... can entrelac be done in another stitch?  Like use a knit stitch or honeycomb or "whatever" stitch?  I always see it done in simple stitch.  Which is nice... but I like a few other stitches better ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment